10 REASONS WHY I DO SHARE MY FAITH
1. It’s a commandment. Mark 16:15 “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” James 1:22 “Prove yourselves doers of the Word and not merely hearers who delude themselves.”
2. It makes me depend on God. 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” It’s something I can’t do in my own strength so I have to depend on God.
3. It deepens my understanding of the gospel. Philemon 6 “I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.” The more people I share with the more often I hear the gospel myself and consider it’s meaning.
4. It causes me to grow spiritually. Colossians 1:10 “So that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. The more often I obey and trust God to work through me the stronger my faith grows.
5. It causes me to study the Bible. 2 Timothy 2:15 “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.” If someone asks me a question I can’t answer I must search the scriptures to find the answer.
6. It causes me to pray. Ephesians 6:18-19 “With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel.” In my weakness it drives me to my knees to pray for God’s strength.
7. It causes me to examine myself. 2 Corinthians 13:5 “Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves. Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you – unless indeed you fail the test?” I can’t very well be telling others to repent and trust in Jesus if I’m not doing that myself!
8. It gives me compassion for the lost. Matthew 9:36 “Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed, and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd.” God opens your eyes to the fate of the lost and shows you they are blind and deceived and need to be rescued.
9. It’s the most fulfilling and fruitful use of my time. Colossians 3:2 “Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.” Rather than entertaining myself with the things of this world I am serving God and producing fruit that will last.
10. Someone might get saved! Luke 15:7 “There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” There is no greater joy in the world than leading someone to Christ.